Q. 1 Where should I send application form / Online application form?
Ans. Hardcopy of the Online Application form is NOT required to be sent. You would be required to carry the signed ‘Online application’ form along with you and produce while appearing for written test / interview.
Q. 2 Should I send the copies of certificates / documents regarding my qualification, caste, disablement etc?
Ans. No. These certificates are required to be produced at the time of interview.
Q. 3 In my Degree Course, only CGPA / GPA / SGPA or letter grade has been awarded in place of percentage of marks. Can I enter the grade in my application?
Ans. Candidates, who have been awarded CGPA / GPA / SGPA or letter grades, should follow the conversion table of the Institute / College / University from wherever they have passed. Candidates called for interview will be required to produce the authenticated conversion table from the Institute / College / University.
Q. 4 I have submitted my application online, but have forgotten the Registration / Application Number and also did not take a print out of the online application form. What do I do?
Ans. Candidate can login with his/her login id and password and can print/view the Application Form where Registration / Application Number is available.
Q. 5 How can I check the status of my application?
Ans. You can "Login" and check the status of your application on this website by entering your relevant details.
Q. 6 I am a SC/ST/OBC Candidate but don't have the caste certificate. Can I apply as a General Candidate?
Ans. If you so desire, you may apply stating your category as "General", if eligible for General category. In such an event, your candidature will be considered as "GENERAL" and no change in category shall be allowed at a later date. No relaxation / concessions will be applicable to you. If you desire to apply as SC/ST/OBC, you will be required to produce the relevant certificate at the time of reporting for interview.
Q. 7 I am working in a Govt / Public Sector Company. Should I enclose an NOC from my employer?
Ans. Candidates presently employed in Central / State Govt departments, PSUs, Autonomous bodies and called for interview would be required to submit No Objection Certificate at the time of reporting for Interview.
Q. 8 I have filled in online application. Is there any chance of my application not being considered?
Ans. Correctly filled-in applications of candidates meeting the eligibility criteria of the post applied for will not be normally rejected. However, to avoid rejection of application; candidate should ensure that:
(i) Multiple applications with same details are not filled in,
(ii) Only proper information is entered in the online application.
Q. 9 I have not received a SMS when I completed my registration. Why?
Ans. If the mobile number you have registered is in the TRAI NCPR list (formerly called DND), you will not receive SMS alerts related to the registration. If you want to receive future SMS alerts from NPCIL related to this recruitment, please remove your mobile number from the NCPR list through your service provider.

An email is always sent after the candidate registers his/her application. Please ensure that email id is typed correctly.
Q. 10 I am belonging to Project Affected Person (PAP) category, but do not have any PAP certificate. Can I apply as PAP candidate and am eligible for relaxation/concession applicable to PAP candidates ?
Ans. No. A PAP person applying for the post should upload a scanned copy of PAP certificate while applying. If he/She does not have PAP certificate issued by the District Rehabilitation Officer/Addl. District collector, he/she is not eligible for relaxation/concessions applicable to PAP candidates. He/She can apply as a general candidate.
Q. 11 I am in final year of my graduation degree and results are awaited. Am I eligible to apply for the post?
Ans. No, Final Year appearing / result awaited candidates are not eligible to apply; as you have to declare final %age of marks. A candidate should have completed his / her degree as on last date of application. If final marks sheet / certificate issuing date is on or before the last date of receipt of Online Application Form, then only it can be accepted.
Q. 12 Will any travel expenses paid to me for attending the Written Test?
Ans. SC/ST outstation candidates called for written examination/ interview will be paid to & fro travelling allowance of second class railway fare by the shortest route (subject to production of tickets) as per rules. However, travelling allowance is not admissible to those SC/ST candidates who are already in Central/State Government services, Central/State Government Corporation, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Government Institutions and Panchayats and to those who have availed concession from Railways, if any, for undertaking journey for attending written examination/interview.