The selection process will consist of tests in 03 stages : Written Examination + Skill Test
For any discrepancy, the contents/provisions/conditions of detailed Advertisement will prevail.
Stage-1 - Preliminary Test (1 Hour Duration)
Stage-1 - Preliminary Test : It will be a screening examination to be held to shortlist candidates. The format of screening examination shall be common and will be in following format:
Accordingly, the General Candidates < 40% marks and the candidates belonging to ST / PwBD with < 30% marks will be screened out for Stage-2.
- Examination will comprise 50 multiple choice questions (Choice of four answers) of 01 (one) hour duration in the following proportion:
- 03 (Three) marks to be awarded for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark to be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Tests may be conducted in single / multiple sessions depending upon logistics requirements.
- Qualifying Standards : The qualifying standards shall be as follows :
General Category (UR) – 40% marks;
ST / PwBD – 30% marks.
Stage-2 - Advanced Test
(2 Hours Duration)
Accordingly, the General Candidates < 30% marks and the candidates belonging to ST / PwBD with < 20% marks will be screened out for Stage-3.
- All candidates screened in Stage-1 to undertake an advanced test in their respective trade applicable for the post.
- The Test will be of 02 (two) hours duration.
- The level of questions will be related to their qualifying academic / professional / technical qualification.
- The Test will comprise 50 Multiple choice questions (Choice of four answers) with 03 (Three) marks to be awarded for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark to be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Qualifying Standards : The qualifying standards shall be as follows :
General Category (UR) – 30% marks;
ST / PwBD – 20% marks.
A merit list of candidates will be prepared after Stage-2 based upon scores obtained in Stage-2 only.
In the event of a tie, following criteria shall be adopted in sequence for deciding position in merit list:
Candidates to undertake the Preliminary and Advance Test on the same day. Preliminary Test will be carried out in the morning session and the advance test for candidates screened in for Stage-2 to be carried out in the afternoon / evening session.
- Candidates with lower negative marks in Stage-2 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with lower negative marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in mathematics in Stage-1 is placed higher.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in Science in Stage-1 is placed higher.
- Skill Test
- Based upon the merit list prepared after Stage-2, candidates in each trade will be shortlisted for Skill Test.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature only on Go / No Go basis.
The number of candidates shortlisted for Skill Test would depend upon the number of candidates qualifying for Stage-2 but
will not exceed 4-5 times the number of vacancies for each post.
- Candidates clearing the Skill Test to be shortlisted and empanelled in order of merit based on marks secured in Stage-2.