(A) Stipendiary Trainees / Scientific Assistant (ST/SA) (Category – I) &
Scientific Assistant/B (SA/B)
Written Examination : Online examination will be conducted tentatively in April, 2019. Exact date, time and venue of the written examination will be available in the “Admit Card”. Admit card of the screened in candidate for appearing for written examination will be made available in the website for downloading. Email / SMS will also be sent to screened-in candidates.
- No. of Questions: 120 (Section A, B and C – each consisting of 40 marks)
- Negative marking: No
- Qualifying percentage for Written Examination – 45% for UR and 40% for SC / ST / OBC(NCL).
- In case of tie, the candidates with higher marks in Section A shall get preference followed by candidates scoring higher marks in Section B. In case tie still persists, the candidates older in age shall get preference.
- Candidates qualifying in the written test shall be shortlisted in the order of merit in the ratio of 1 post : 5 candidates (where the qualifying no. of candidates are more than 5) for appearing in the personal interview which will be conducted at Surat tentatively in May, 2019. Exact date, time and venue of the interview will be available in the “Interview Call letter”. Call letter for appearing for interview will be made available in the website for downloading. Email / SMS will also be sent to shortlisted candidates.
- Before appearing for the interview, the candidates will be required to undergo physical standards check-up (wherever applicable) and verification of all the original mark sheets / certificates, caste certificates etc. prior to the interview. Exact date, time and venue will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates through Email / SMS.
- Final select list will be made after giving weightage of 50% marks obtained in the
written test and 50% on the basis of performance in the personal interview.
(B) Stipendiary Trainees / Technician (ST/TM) (Category – II)
For any discrepancy, the contents/provisions/conditions of detailed Advertisement will prevail.
Stage-1 Preliminary Test :|
It will be screening examination to shortlist candidates. The examination will comprise 50 Multiple Choice Questions (Choice of four answers) of 01 (one) hour duration in the following proportion:
|General Awareness||-||10 Questions|
|03 (Three) marks for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Qualifying standards shall be for General Category (UR) – 40% marks and for SC / ST & OBC(NCL) – 30% marks. The candidates securing lesser marks than the qualifying standard as above will be screened out for Stage-2.|
Stage-2 Advance Test :
All the candidates screened-in Stage-1 to undertake an advanced test. The syllabus for question paper for Stage 2 test will be based on the qualification. The test will be of 02 (Two) hours duration.
The level of questions for Plant Operator trainees will be based on the syllabus in HSC or ISC and that for Maintainer Trainees, the same will be in their respective ITI trade.
The test will comprise 50 Multiple choice questions (Choice of four answers) with 03 (Three) marks for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. The qualifying standards shall be for General Category (UR) - 30% marks, for SC / ST / OBC(NCL) - 20% marks. A merit list will be prepared for candidates after Stage-2 based upon scores obtained in Stage-2 only. No wait list will be prepared or operated.
In the event of a tie, following criteria shall be adopted in sequence for deciding position in merit list :
- Candidates with lower negative marks in stage-2 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with lower negative marks in stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in mathematics in Stage-1 is placed higher.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in Science in Stage-1 is placed higher.
Stage-3 Skill Test :
- The candidates will be shortlisted in each trade for skill test in the
ratio of 1 post : 5 candidates (wherever the number of candidates are more than 5) in the order of merit prepared after Stage-2.
- The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature only on GO / NO GO basis.
- Candidates clearing the SKILL TEST to be short listed and empanelled in
order of merit based on marks secured in Stage-2.