For Scientific Assistant/B
- The written examination (Computer Based Test/OMR) will be of two hours duration having Two Parts i.e. Part-I consisting of 60 questions from English, General Knowledge and quantitative aptitude and Part-II will be of 60 questions from respective disciplines.
- No negative marking in the written examination.
- Qualifying Standards : The cut of marks to pass the Written Examination shall be for General category (UR) is 45% and SC / ST / OBC is 35%. However all passed candidates will not be called for Interview. Calling for Interview depend upon the number of candidates qualifying in written examination but should not exceed 5 times the number of vacancies notified.
- Exact date, time and venue of the interview will be made available in the website. Email / SMS will also be sent to shortlisted candidates.
- Before appearing for the interview, the candidates will be required to verification of all the original mark sheets / certificates, caste certificates etc.
- Final select list will be made after giving weightage of 50% marks obtained in the written test and 50% on the basis of performance in the personal interview.
- In the event of a tie, the following criteria shall be adopted in sequence for deciding position in Merit List:
- Candidates who scored higher marks in Written Examination to be placed higher on the Merit List.
- Candidates who scored higher marks in Technical Subjects (Part-II) to be placed higher on the Merit List.
- Candidates who scored higher in Part-1 to be placed higher on the Merit List.
- Finally, candidates whose Date of Birth is earlier to be placed higher on the Merit List.
- A wait list containing equal number of candidates shall be prepared and the validity is for one year only after notifying select list.
- Decision of the Selection Committee will be final.
|Stage-1- Preliminary Test (1 Hour Duration)
||Stage-1 – Preliminary Test (Computer Based Test/OMR): It will be a screening examination to be held to shortlist candidates. The format of screening examination shall be common and will be in following format:
Examination will comprise 50 multiple choice questions (Choice of four answers) of 01 (one) hour duration in the following proportion:
- 03 (Three) marks to be awarded for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark to be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Tests may be conducted in single/multiple sessions depending upon logistics requirements.
- Qualifying Standards : The qualifying standards shall be as follows:
General Category (UR) – 40% marks;
SC/ST/OBC/PWBD – 30% marks.
Accordingly, the General Candidates < 40% marks and the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWBD with < 30% marks will be screened out for Stage-2.
|Stage-2- Advanced Test (2 Hours Duration)
Accordingly, the General Candidates < 30% marks and the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWBD with < 20% marks will be screened out for Stage-3.
- All candidates screened in Stage-1 to undertake an advanced test (Computer Based Test) in their respective trade/discipline applicable for the post.
- The Test will be of 02 (two) hours duration.
- The level of questions will be related to their qualifying academic / professional / technical qualification.
- The Test will comprise 50 Multiple choice questions (Choice of four answers) with 03 (Three) marks to be awarded for each correct answer and 01 (one) mark to be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Qualifying Standards: The qualifying standards shall be as follows:
General Category (UR) – 30% marks.
SC/ST/OBC/PWBD – 20% marks.
A merit list of candidates will be prepared after Stage-2 based upon scores obtained in Stage-2 only.
In the event of a tie, following criteria shall be adopted in sequence for deciding position in merit list:
- Candidates with lower negative marks in Stage-2 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with lower negative marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in mathematics in Stage-1 is placed higher.
- Candidates with higher positive marks in Science in Stage-1 is placed higher.
|Stage 3 : Skill Test
Candidates to undertake the Preliminary and Advance Test on the same day. Preliminary Test will be carried out in the morning session and the advance test for candidates screened in for Stage-2 to be carried out in the afternoon/evening session.
Stage 3 : Skill Test
- Based upon the merit list prepared after Stage-2, candidates in each trade will be shortlisted for Skill Test.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature only on Go / No Go basis.
- The number of candidates shortlisted for Skill Test would depend upon the number of candidates qualifying for Stage-2 but will not exceed 5 times the number of vacancies for each post.
- Candidates clearing the Skill Test to be shortlisted and empanelled in order of merit based on marks secured in Stage-2.
The Preliminary and Advanced Test for candidates will be conducted on the same day. Thereafter, separate information will be sent for Skill/Trade Test.
For any discrepancy, the contents/provisions/conditions of detailed Advertisement will prevail.